Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Sunday 19 June 2016

Two Birthday Cards

 Hi there everyone, here are two birthday cards for the same lady, one from me and the other from another of her friends.   I made the white flowery one for her friend to give her, and U used an embossing folder ( my 28th personal challenge ) This was  a free one that came with the magazine Simply Cards by Practical Publishing International, Queensland WWW.practicalpublishing.com.au they put out lovely card making and other craft magazines, for the flower  I used an old die that unfortunately I don't use very often, it is a Sizzex die "Flower Blossems by Sizzlits, and I used clear stick on rhinestones for the centre of the flowers and the whole lot was cut from plain white cardstock.  Hope you like this one!  The next card is the one I am giving her, as I feel she has a great sense of humour and I am sure she will enjoy it, On white card stock I  used a Tim Holtz texture fade "Retro Circles" my 29th embossing folder in my personal challenge}  and I used Distress ink pad "Peeled Paint" and a Memento Ink Pad "Bahama Blue" and shaded them on the embossing with blending tools, I cut the opening with a Couture "Victorian Rectangle"  I used a piece of acetate cut to size and I put dimensional tape around the opening and put some tiny beads in there before adding the image, which I cut out from "The Cardmaker's Collection Sea Breeze" this is an English magazine, I bought it on line and am very happy with it, I then added the topper to the card, and added the sentiment on the centre "Notice, Ladies on Beach must wear Bloomers. city ord, 72" I am sure my friend will see the funny side of this,  I cut out an anchor from silver card, and the shell from some browny cardstock, these two dies are by Couture Creations and came with the pack,   the pieces of seaweed were cut with a Memory Box Die, "pine needles" but it is one of those dies that can be used to many other things,   I hope you will like these two cards, and as always your comments are always greatfully appreciated, and thanks for visiting, Jasann

No comments:

Post a Comment