Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Saturday 12 March 2016

garden

 Hi there everyone, here is a card I made for a friend to give her daughter who loves gardens, I made it a 5-1/2" square card, and used a Twiddlybitz stencil to make the brick wall, Chromacyl texture paste coloured with Jo Sonja Acrylic paint Brown, and I stirred it all up and it made a beautiful shade and layered it on with a butter knife, I have texture tools but find I have more control with  the butter knife.   I cut out a Cheery Lynn picket fence from white cardstock, and a Tim Holtz Frameworks Trellis, and used a Fancy That small flourish, I used also a Cheery Lynn daisy flower die to make the grass, and stuck a piece of lace over that with a small satin bow to the right hand side.   I made the roses from Marianne's Creatables and Dienamics roses dies, and the small blue flowers were made with two punches, a medium and a small flower, coloured with water colour paint and stuck together.   the small window has lace behind it and it is a plastic one that was a gift.    I made the envelope from a piece of 12 x 12 scrapbook paper and used the Score-Pal instructions to make an envelobox to the size required and because Annette has bad arthritis in her hands I took a piece of ribbon from my stash and wound it around and made a big bow, so she can pull it off easily, and not have to worry about tying up the bow again..   Thanks for visiting today, and as always your comments are always appreciated, Jasann

No comments:

Post a Comment