Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Saturday 20 February 2016

love

Hi everyone, today I was looking for inspiration to make a 19th wedding anniversary card for my son and his dear wife, and I found a lovely card made by Emma Williams of www.stickydots.blogspot.co.uk and I case'd her card, mine is very different though as I just took the Crazy Birds, I had to make the hats by hand as I don't have the Accessory stamp by Tim Holtz, but I am happy with the way they turned out.   I used white cardstock for the card base and used a Twiddley Bitz stencil "Bricks" which I have had for a long time and I used Distress Ink Pad "Vintage Photo" applied with a blending tool, the three hearts are from a very old Fiskars stamp that I also have had for ages, I tend not to throw my old stuff out, I like to keep it, which makes a lot of "stuff" to hoard!!!   I love Tim's Crazy birds, and stamped them onto white cardstock with a Stayzon Black Ink Pad, and used distress pads on an acrylic block and applied the colours with a water pen, I used "Tumbled Glass" and "Vintage Photo" for the birds and "Pumice Stone" and "Barn Door" for the boy's hat and I put a little piece of cream Lace and Little Blue roses, that I had in my stash for the girls hat, and I used "Barn Door" for the lipstick on the girl and Memento "Tangelo" ink for the boys beak, and "Vintage Photo" for the earth around the birds feet, and I stamped the flowers for the bouquet and coloured the flowers with a gel pen.       Hope you like this card, and I hope my son and his dear wife will get a chuckle from it too, thanks for visiting today, and as always your comments are greatly appreciated,   Jasann

No comments:

Post a Comment