Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Friday 5 December 2014

Celebrate the season

Hello everyone, here is a cover for a mini album I made today, I make an album every year to encompass December and all the things that happen in this exciting month.   This year I used some packaging, from a cardboard/corrugated to fit the size I wanted, the front and back covers are 7-1/2" x 9-3/3" and the spine is 2" thick, and this will enable me to put quite a few pages in with Flip up's and pockets.   I used old Christmas Paper which came last Christmas in a magazine and some green cardstock for the spine, which I embossed with Tim Holtz embossing folders "Snowman" and "Snowflakes" these are old embossing folders but I really like these ones.   I cut the wording  from Glitter Card with a Cuttlebug letter set "Typewriter Machine"   and the numbers with Qickutz "No 48 Number Set"  I have had both these sets for several years.  I found a small piece of red ribbon and tied a bow and cut out a No.25 from a Kaisercraft Paper Pad and I cannot remember what it is called, the Pointsettias  were cut with a Marianne's Craft die and the stamens were cut with green cardstock, and the little red glitter flowers were in a pack that I bought from Kmart, years ago and mislaid in all my stash,   I shaded the snowman and snowflakes with a light covering of VersaMagic archival chalk ink pad, "Cloud White" to highlight them. The hanging ornaments were a gift from a friend and had to be coloured with Tim Holtz mini Distress Inks "Barn Door"   I am entering this into the Craft Hoarders Challenge #21 - Celebrate the Season, http://gloriadesigns.challenge.blogspot.com.au

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea and the cover is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover of your mini album. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome. I'd love to see the inside when it's finished! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete