Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Saturday 29 November 2014

scrap book layout

 My daughter sent me some photo's of her family on their road trip, (a 6 week drive) to Cape York which is the top most point of Australia, so I thought I would make an album for myself because if you leave the photo's in a drawer, you will never look at them.   So I thought an 8" x 8" book would be good, I am using the binding that I found on Dawns Inspirations http://dawnsinspirations.com.  It worked for me when  I recently made a Christmas flip Album for my friend, this is the page 1 and I used a Dyan Revealey stencil for the edges and a memory box stencil for the arrow and a stamp for the palm tree and a little cutting die from Quickutz for the van and trailer and some paper from my scrap pile as a mat behind the photo, I washed the paper with ranger distress re inker - tumbled glass.  On page 2,       I washed the page again and used a Tim Holtz stencil "stripes" and "clockwork" using "Vintage photo" for everything on the page, used scrap paper again for behind the photo, and more scrap paper to cut out the grass, which is with a Cheery Lynn flower, but it makes great grass, and the road sign was cut with a template that my friend Helen gave me and stamps are from Hero Arts Stamps "Past Times" set.   and the arrow is from a Memory Box Stencil.    Hope you like these photo's, I will have more in following days,    Thanks for visiting

No comments:

Post a Comment