Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Friday 28 November 2014

new shopping tote

Hi there everyone, this post is not anything to do with cards, I felt like making a new handbag with plastic handles, then when I went through my sewing things I changed my mind and decided I would make a new larger bag that I could use for shopping or an overnight bag to hold a change of clothes, so used a pattern for the embroidery from a magazine called "adorable bags" that I picked up in the sale basket at the newsagent, the embroidery is from a design from Ann Dimmer with a few changes, because I found a few different buttons in my button box, I quite like the result of the embroidery.   There are nine pockets of various sizes inside attached to the lining, the outside is made from upholstery fabric and I lined it with cream cotton fabric and I made a removable liner for the base of the bag from an old Xray that I covered with the lining fabric, so that I will be able to remove it when the bag needs washing, and I made the handles long enough so that I can carry it on my shoulder, and when I am on a plane it is soft enough to use as cabin luggage so that it will fit under the seat in front of me.    It is very different from what I envisaged before I started, but I am happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment