Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Saturday 2 August 2014

Dear Time

Hi everyone, here is a card I made today to enter in the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge No. 12, "who's the boss"  with all sorts of embossing.   http://gloriadesignschallenge.blogspot.com.au , I got the inspiration for this card from one I saw on the net a fair while ago, and forgot to take a note of the person who posted it, whoever you are, and you know who you are, THANK YOU.   I used black cardstock for the base, it was a piece left over from another project, and embossed the first layer with Tim Holtz emb.folder "Steampunk" and cut the lower level with Tim's cutting die, "On the Edge - Steampunk"   and the tag I embossed with Tim's emb. folder " Airmail" and I coloured both of those with Memento Ink pads, Rich Cocoa, Canteloupe and Bahama Blue.   I typed the sentiment on the computer and shaded the paper with Bahama Blue, and the embellishment was bought from China.  and I used a swipe of Kindyglitz Blue for the sparkle at the lower edge, the faux stitching was made with a chocolate and a dark blue Gel pens.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice project! Love the cogs! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love all the beautiful colors you used to bring out the embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project! Love the embossing! So glad you joined us for our challenge at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great embossing, love the sentiment, so true! So glad you joined us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous. ~Diane GDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color and embossing! If you figure out how to slow down time, please let me know! LOL Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the soft colors you used with the gears. So unexpected and so lovely! Thanks for playing along with us a Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete