Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Saturday 10 May 2014

Christmas Night Sky

I made this card for Water Colour On line Class, I used Faber-castile water colour pencils for the night sky, and I made a stamp from foam sheets made by Sullivans International P/L, I cut it out from Memory Box Die "Country Landscape" and I embossed the green grass with Donna Salazar's Mixa Media embossing powder "Peridot" and embossed the landscape scene with Zing "white" the silver stars were cut out with a punch that I have had for ages with a piece of silver paper from a Butter container, I had washed it and dried it and stuck it in my stash, I am a hoarder and don't throw anything away that might "come in handy" I am happy with this card and am entering it into the 52 {Christmas} card throwdown May Challenge - use any three colours light mauve, dark mauve, Purple, Green, lilac, and small amounts of white,cream, or black, silver or gold, http://52cct.blogspot.com.au

4 comments:

  1. Very lovely night sky! Such a great way to incorporate the colors from our challenge this way. Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous scene! LOVE the fabulous silver embossing! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! HUGS and have a great week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS!!!! Love the watercolour background, Jas. I've also just discovered the wonders of water-colouring. The sky and landscape ... so beautiful. The embossing is perfect. Well done! Thanks for joining our May Colour challenge.
    hugs,Asha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a wonderful watercoloured sky Jas! How clever of you to make a foam stamp from a die cut - very creative! Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT, hope we see you again soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete