Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Friday 25 April 2014

Mother's Day

Hi there, I made these two cards for Mother's Day, for my daughter and my daughter In law, they are both excellent Mothers and deserve to get a pretty card.   For the first card I used pale lemon cardstock with a image from the Graphic 45 "Birdsong" paper, graphic 45's are my favourite papers, I used a free embossing folder from Australia Simply Cards magazine and used Mini royal Roses, Die-Namics cutting die to make the little purple roses, and used a brass butterfly for the accent.   I used Tim Holtz distress ink pad to shade the embossed image and the edges, I used the Umbrella paper, also from Birdsong to line the inside and added the sentiment on one of the little tags.

With the second card, the paper is from
Graphic 45, Bohemian Bazaar, and I used black card stock for the base,the lady is an image from an old book, and used purple paper for the mini royal roses, cut with a die-namics cutting die, I used a little bottle top that was a gift from a friend and a piece of white satin ribbon  which I had in my stash to make the bow, I am happy with both cards, and hope my girls will be happy with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment