Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Monday 13 January 2014

Travelling Watch Man

I was searching today for a birthday card for my son, who travels overseas a lot in his job, and found inspiration on Suzz's Stamp Spot, http://suzzstampingspot.blogspot.com.au , she had a lovely card with the "Travelling Man" one of Tim Holtz great stamps, with a map etc as a background, I didn't have that stamp so used the Watch Man, and I embossed the background with another of Tim's embossing folders "airmail"  and spritzed it with a blue wash, (food colouring in a mini mister) and used one of the Tim's diffusers to cut out the circle, I used Faber-Castille water colour pencils to colour the man, and I used a stamp from Tim Holtz "Life's Possibilities" stamp set, I have used this stamp set quite often, it is a favourite, the card is edged with Memento Danube Blue ink pad, and the wording was printed on my computer, and the banners were cut from an old book, Stephen King's "Carrie"   the pages were quite yellow and I shaded the edges with Danube Blue.   I am happy with this, and would like to say "Thanks to Suzanne" for her inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment