Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Saturday 27 July 2013

Old Jalopy with Christmas Tree

I got the idea for this card from an e mail from the 2013 CHA, I am not sure who made the original but it grabbed me because I love this Old Jalopy, it is one of my favourites.   I used white cardstock covered with paper from a Kaisercraft  6" x 6" paper pad "December 25th" as this card is 8" x 6" I joined two sheets together, the join is hidden underneath the car.   I cut out a Christmas tree from one of the Memory Box cutting dies and used a generic punch for the star, I used red cardstock to cut out the car with white copy paper for the running board and tyre centres, lights, etc.   I used two small safety pins for the door latches and used black opal kindy glitz for the tyres and white for the running board etc.   I used small buttons from my stash for the centre of the tyres and a small gold eagle for the top of the radiator, and the Merry Christmas stamp is from my stash, I used Perfect Pearls Sunflower Sparkle to spray and add the shine and used kindy glitz to edge the card.   I am pretty happy with this one

No comments:

Post a Comment