Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Tuesday 26 March 2013

Inchies


In today's project I used a frame that I bought from the op shop in Stockton, for $2.00,  it was originally a brownish varnised frame and I came home and sanded it back, and the I used Gesso as a base coat to cover the remaining varnish, and then I found a cream paint (house paint) in a can in the shed, there was only about 2" in the base but it went on really well with a 2-1/2" brush, after it dried I used a designer paper on  the back and cut out "inchies" from Jane Tregenza's article in "Scrapbook Creations" magazine issue 91, from sometime in 2011, the article was called "Inchie Board Frame"  and she used 144,  1-1/2X 1-1/2" chipboard squares,  the photo's I used were recent photos of Dennis and our kids and grandkids, some vintage style lace and ribbon and flowers also a small heart brooch which I had in my scrap stash.  I am happy with how this turned out, so I will be making more of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment