Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Tuesday 15 January 2013

prototype vintage valise

I recieved this Tim Holtz die "Vintage Valise" yesterday and made this prototype card box, I made the front and back the same using chip board from a box, and the black sections from card stock, I used distress ink pad "vintage photo" to shade the edges, and as I didn't have enough brads I used ranger liquid pearls "Bisque" instead of the brads, I will be shopping on Friday and will chase up some suitable brads.   I made the box section from card stock which was a mistake I should have used some chipboard for strength as the card stock was not heavy enough for the job, however I lined the box with paper from my stash, and used a button and velcro for the fastener, and used a chain and key as decoration.  I made the box just a shade too big, next one I will make a bit smaller.  All in all it was a learning curve and the next one, hopefully, will be a bit better. I enjoyed using this die though.

1 comment:

  1. That is SO fun, what a great die!

    (And wow, that is wonderful you had so many years with your husband, and knew him for so long. So sad to lose him that way; how many wonderful memories you must have, though, from all that time that you knew each other!)

    ReplyDelete