Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Thursday 24 May 2012

card for challenge on Our Creative Corner

I made this card today for the challenge on Our Creative Corner.   The challenge was a card with Orange, Blue tones from white, cream to a bit of brown, and I think I have achieved this.   I used Orange corrugated card stock for the back panel with corners of Blue and White,   the model is a Tim Holtz Positional Magnetic die as is the cotton reel, I used place orangey/ cream with darker orange flowers and a blue ribbon and on the cotton reel I used the same colours with cream lace with a safety pin to hold it.   I used a Joy cutting/embossing die for the sewing machine from cream card stock and used a snippet of lace for the fabric it is a pale creamy colour, and used Tim Holtz' vintage photo distress ink on the sewing machine also on the edges of the model. I used a brown floral vintage paper for the butterflies which were cut and imbossed with a Joy cutting and embossing die.     The ticket is a Tim Holtz that I have had for a long tim.                                                                    .

2 comments:

  1. What a great challenge project and it looks great :) I just made a mini album using similar colors.
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my Wow Embossing and paper Crafter’s Library altered energy drink can! I appreciate your kindness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect card for our challenge! I love the embellies you used and the pretty paper for the butterflies! Thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! Hugs, Marcy

    ReplyDelete